Case 3: Transform a denim jean pregnancy, with an elastic waistband at the front
This method is ideal if you have a denim high waist, you can not close the stomach. However, the transformation is final because you have to cut the original belt jeans, so this is a good way to reuse jeans that you no longer wear. Here’s how.
Try the jeans
- Put on your jeans.
- Reassemble the zipper to a height that allows you to be comfortable in jeans and donning power or remove the jeans while leaving the closed fly.
- Close the fly to this place with a safety pin.
- If you can not close the zipper, leave it open.
- Remove your jeans, and lay it flat on a flat surface.
Cut the jeans
- With a pair of scissors, cut the zipper completely.
- With a pin, a tailor’s chalk or a fabric marker, mark on the fly of the jeans, 1 cm below the safety pin.
Council: If you could not close the fly, mark 1 cm below the fly.
- Using a rule curve or a large plate, draw a semicircle in front of the jeans, which starts from a side seam of the jeans and ends on the seam of the opposite side, through the mark 1 cm.
- If this semicircle passes over jeans rivets or buttons, slightly shift the curve down not to pass on these.
- With sewing scissors, cut the front of the jean along this semicircle, and set it aside: it will be the boss in the seatbelt.
Cut the belt
- Pick up a piece of elastic fabric, like jersey with at least 5% elastane stretch or measuring at least:
- The width of the jeans semicircle + 4 cm.
- 2 times the height of the semicircle + 4 cm.
- Iron your fabric and lay it flat on a table.
- Fold the fabric in half width and pin the edges of the fabric to hold the two layers in place.
- Take the jeans half-circle you cut earlier, and lay on the fabric, lining the waistband of jeans on the crease of the upper fabric.
- Pin the half-circle in stretch fabric, and using a chalk tailor or textile felt, trace the contours of the semicircle.
- Dépinglez the semicircle, and draw 2 cm seam allowances along the contours of the semicircle, then cut two layers of fabric along the new route (without cutting the top, where the fabric is folded).
Sew the belt
- Put on a special stretch needle on your sewing machine.
- Thread the sewing machine with the same color wire your seatbelt.
- If your machine has a whip stitches, turn your machine on this point. Otherwise, leave the machine on a zigzag stitch.
- Sew the whip stitch or zigzag stitch the edges of the semicircle, without sewing up (the folded edge).
- Sewing on the fabric edge, beginning and ending with a few breakpoints.
- Be sure to take the two fabric layers of the belt in the seam.
- Cut flush son, and iron your seams.
Sew the zipper jeans
If you could not close the fly and you have cut the jeans below it, skip this step.
- Use a special needle jeans on your sewing machine.
- Thread the sewing machine with a thread of a close to your jean color.
Note: you will find in the special sewing haberdashery son jeans, which are very strong and reproduce the hues of colors of jeans.
- Set the machine on a standard straight stitch.
- Your jeans on the place, sew the zipper to hold it shut.
- Sew in the existing sewing the nearest fly from the edge.
- Start and finish sewing a few breakpoints.
- Cut flush son and iron the seam.
Assemble the belt jeans
- Fold and pin to the inside edges of the jeans where you’ve cut the semicircle of about 5 mm and 1 cm maximum.
- Iron these folds to flatten them.
- Keep the needle and thread for jeans on the sewing machine.
- Set the machine on a classic zigzag stitch.
- Slide the belt holding in the opening half-circle of jeans, and align the top of the retaining strap (the folded edge) with the top of the waistband of the jeans.
- Pin the belt holding the jeans, all along the semicircular opening.
- Sew the belt jeans, with a zigzag pattern:
- Start sewing at one of the side seams of the jeans / belt.
- Start by sewing a few breakpoints.
- Sew around the semicircle on the jeans, as close as possible edge.
- End your sewing by some breakpoints.
- Cut flush son and iron your sewing.
- Your maternity jeans with elastic waistband at the front is finished.
Light Wash Denim Knee Length Shorts
14 oz. RED LISTING G-STAR ELWOOD
Denim Wedding Dress.Denim Wedding Dress Casual But Elegant …
yummie by Heather Thomson Light Gray Slim Shaper Bootcut …
Behati Prinsloo in Slim Boyfriend Jeans
Christina Aguilera in Dylan George Skinny Jeans
Jennifer Love Hewitt In J Brand Jeans
Jenni Long Sleeve Thong V Neck Bodysuit
Pregnant Emma Willis displays her growing baby bump in …
Kelly Clarkson shows off her pregnant belly in black …
Meghan Markle style: The ‘Suits’ star’s best looks
ASOS Denim Girlfriend Jacket In Washed Red
Justin Theroux In Skinny Blue Jeans
Chris Slinky High Neck Bodycon Dress
Best Bump: Heidi Klum’s Maternity Style
Maternity Size Chart
Roupa gravida denim jeans jumpsuit maternity pants plus …
Mila Kunis’ baby bump stretches V-neck as she steps out in …
Zara Skinny Maternity Jeans in Blue
Why is everyone wearing ripped jeans?