Even in the summer, and despite the heat of the season, the colors of the suits and customs more common on the streets are still the holy trinity black graphite navy, when, by logic, men should focus on light colors in costumes social. But this is, to some degree, to the indulgence or to the prejudice of the male audience and also the corporate environment with the costumes in bright colours. Trying to reverse this situation or, at least, encourage the use of appropriate colors for summer, let’s give some tips of how, where and when to use clothing social in these colors:
1 – How to use suits and costumes in bright colours
- a) Choose the fabric– linen, cotton or wool coldare the options for the summer thanks to its thermal properties that allow the body to do not heat as much as when we use the customs of polyester or poliviscose. There is also wool tropical is a wool cold with the plot more open, even better! Another option that is more rare is the rami, but here in Brazil almost only Zara offers such material, additionally it is good to remember that it suffers the same ills of the linen, knead too much, except when mixed with other fibers.
- b) Color– beige (khaki), champagne, off-white, light blue, medium blue (indigo), light brown, medium grey and light greyare colors that can bring greater freshness for those who want to run away from the dark tones are more casual, but many desktop environments or events that allow its use and we we’ll talk about that later.
- c) Combine shirts and ties– white shirts, light blue, pink and lavendermake a combo relaxed for the summer, but it is also possible to bet on textures more complex as the chambray, reminiscent of the jeans, only more lightweight, and makes the background a little darker to suit. The ties can have more vivid colors, such as orange, red, blue, turquoise, purple and light green.
- d) Shoes and belts– without the occasion is casual (and allows) gives up to combine with a tennis neutral, but it is more certain that you go to use the custom with the traditional shoe social and a leather belt matching. Here’s how to make the perfect set:
- Suit/custom champagne – shoes, medium brown, dark brown, castor, blue, or caramel;
- Suit/custom light grey – black shoes, brown or caramel;
- Suit/custom light brown – black shoes, brown (various tones), and toffee;
- Suit/costume beige/khaki – shoes, medium brown, dark brown, castor, blue, or caramel;
- Suit/costume medium grey – black shoes or brown;
- Custom suit with a light blue shoe – brown, beaver, black or caramel.
(e) Patterns and prints – browns, grays, and blues can have streaks of chalk or the standard window pane, already the champagne and beiges usually are smooth. Still talking about patterns, we have the combinations with shirts plaid vichy, stripedand with a micro pattern that work very well and give a touch youthful in the production.
- f) Trim– can be traditional or slim fit, it will all depend on how the suit sits on your body and your taste. For those who are very overweight the most suitable one is always the cut that follows classic silhouette, if you do not have a lot of problems with balance can opt for the slim fit
Combination basic with a white shirt and a touch of navy on account of the tie navy with pattern of anchors. The light of causality has eliminated the belt, and allowed the replacement of the traditional shoe tying by a moccasin.
Beautiful combo for the summer, taking advantage of the chess-type vichy to create a relaxed style, but that serves very well for a wedding on the beach or field. Accessories with bold contrasting colours help a lot!
Just look at that beautiful example of the usual course to work. A combination serious but that makes it a bit of lightness and relaxation. The supplement made with the shoes and the belt for caramel help to give a modern touch and young.
Shirts with light colors, but vibrant, give life to the visual neutral suit beige, but do not overdo it, keep the accessories under control, a tie emblazoned sober color and accessories classic ensure that the look is not off the tone.
The bride and groom also benefit from the lighter tones, especially when combined with a nice bow tie and a arrangement in his lapel. The light of the day adds further value to the combination.
If you want to dare a little more we recommend a combination of suit khaki cotton with tennis shoes of canvas, very basic and stripped down. At the top hold the vibe with a plaid shirt and a tie of crochet.
Contrast and tone-on-tone, but without radicalism, is what we find in this example. The shirt chambrê has the texture that resembles denim and colour-what makes a good counterpoint to the suit champagne, knowing this, add a tie that mixes navy with light blue for the obvious!
The linen, in spite of the cool and comfortable, kneads a lot and can give a more relaxed. In a circumstance casual this until it is positive, but for daily work it is best to avoid an outfit that is not always flawless.
Here are some more examples below:
2 – When and where to use suits/costumes in bright colours
Professional use will depend on many factors: your placement in the company, the work environment, your profession, and the dress code of the company. Who works at a local liberal, and does not have a position that requires a seriously excessive, often attending meetings with multinational executives, you can opt for a costume social with soft shades and bright for the summer.
In the event such as a wedding day or ceremonies in places open to the costume of course is very well received, and ensures a visual clean, youthful and elegant, especially on the hottest of days.
It is important to highlight these colors of suit are appropriate only for daytime use, the night still count on the traditional costumes the dark combined with the formality proper to the occasion.